Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100 minutes very misleading

deeshay
Rookie (LVL:4)

The $20 ULTRA offer with 100 minutes is very misleading.  Calls are charged per minute and quickly use up all the 100 included minutes.  A simple 10 second call or less is charged as a minute.

Only 10 minutes of calls or less can use up all the included minutes without ever coming close to an actual 100 minutes.  Nearly every other provider chargers for partial minutes.  Please consider changing this in the offer.

14 REPLIES 14
CJNET24
Community Founder

Re: 100 minutes very misleading

Hi there

I don't believe it's misleading at all. It clearly states in the terms and conditions that calls are charged per minute.

Years ago, most carriers charged per second or per 30 seconds. But I think you'll find these days all carriers charge per minute.

That said, Boost is in no way hiding the fact calls on the ULTRA offer are measured in 60 seconds increments
CORY | I do not work for Boost or Telstra.

Boost Care: 125 8881 or 1800 026 678 . Or Live Chat 24x7: http://livechat.boost.com.au
deeshay

Other carriers charge for per minute or part, not for the full minute if only a few seconds is used.

This is definately misleading and worth bringing up for new users.

CJNET24
Community Founder

I'm sorry I disagree. How is it misleading when it clearly states calls are charged per minute?

The "or part" bit means if your call is less than one minute, you're still charged for the full minute. It doesn't make sense to say it's per 60 seconds and anywhere in between.

Boost Care: 125 8881 or 1800 026 678 . Or Live Chat 24x7: http://livechat.boost.com.au
deeshay

It is very misleading when 100 minutes is used by only 5 minutes or less...

You need to observe this from a customer prospective rather than being ignorant and hiding in fine print.

CJNET24
Community Founder

I assure you that I am looking at it from a customer point of view. I like you am a Boost customer. I don't work for Boost or Telstra.

pvandenh
Community Founder

I read the terms as "per minute". So a 1 to 59 second call = 1 minute.

Checking other prepaid service provider plans, that model seems the normal approach they take also.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

deeshay

Once again, this is intentionally misleading.

pvandenh
Community Founder

@deeshay wrote:

Once again, this is intentionally misleading.

You may think so, I don't think it is misleading at all.

The rate is "60secs (or part)", which reads as it is charged in complete 60 seconds, even for part minute calls.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

deeshay

@pvandenh wrote:

The rate is "60secs (or part)", which reads as it is charged in complete 60 seconds, even for part minute calls.

This is not listed in the CIS, where is that listed on the website?